Are Orbeez Toxic to Dogs?

  • Post author:
  • Post category:Dogs
  • Reading time:7 mins read
  • Post last modified:August 24, 2022

Are orbeez toxic to dogs? This question has been on pet owners’ minds for some time now. 

In fact, some people believe that orbeez are poisonous to canines. But what is the truth? 

Can dogs eat orbeez, and is it safe for them?

However, the answer is No and Yes. It is not toxic to canines if consumed a few. 

In contrast, if a dog eats a large amount of it, it may result in serious health issues.

But this is not a food item or made for them to eat. So you should avoid feeding them or stay away from their reach.

What Is Orbeez? 

Orbeez is a new type of sensory toy introduced in 2018. It is a soft, squishy toy. 

That can be squeezed and twisted to create different textures and sounds. 

Orbeez is made from 100% silicone. This is non-toxic, lead-free, and phthalate free.

Orbeez’s biggest problem will be getting people to use the new product. 

Rubber has been around for a long time. So most people know what it is.

Is Orbeez Toxic To Dogs?

There is no simple solution, to put it briefly. The toxicity of orbeez to dogs has not been extensively researched. 

Most people agree that small amounts of orbeez aren’t insufficient for dogs. But more significant amounts could be harmful. 

Suppose your dog eats a lot of orbeez. The main problem with orbeez is that they might upset your stomach. 

A dog’s toxicity includes vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain.

Why Is Orbeez Toxic For Dogs?

Orbeez is a brightly colored toy made of rubber or silicon. That is a typical treat for dogs.

Unfortunately, this toy can be very toxic for dogs if ingested. Orbeez is composed of ethylene glycol. 

Ethylene glycol is a chemical found in antifreeze and automotive fluids. Ingestion of large amounts of Orbeez can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and even liver failure in canines. 

Perhaps your dog has eaten or played with Orbeez recently. Consult your veterinarian immediately.

Can Orbeez Hurt Dogs?

Some say slimy beads can cause irritation and even skin allergies in dogs. In comparison, others say that giving Orbeez to pets as a toy isn’t dangerous.

Suppose your dog gets a hold of one of these beads. You should be very careful, especially if it is small enough to swallow.

What Happens If A Dog Eats Orbeez?

If a dog eats Orbeez, the ingredients in Orbeez can cause stomach upset and even vomiting. The elements in Orbeez include cornstarch, whey protein, and maltodextrin. 

If a dog overeats these ingredients at once, it could upset its stomach. 

So perhaps your dog eats an Orbeez and gets sick. It would help if you took him to the vet to get help.

What To Do If My Dog Eats Orbeez?

Maybe your dog consumes Orbeez. A few things may prevent health concerns.

First, talk to your vet to ensure there aren’t any underlying health problems causing your dog to eat Orbeez.

Suppose no underlying medical issues are found. Then, think about giving your dog vomiting/diarrhea instructions for 1–2 days. 

To upset their stomach and hopefully get the Orbeez out of their system.

Suppose this doesn’t work, or surgery may be needed if your dog still eats a lot of Orbeez.

How Can You Prevent Your Dog From Eating Orbeez?

Prevent your dog from eating orbeez by keeping them out of reach. But perhaps you can’t keep them away. 

Please put them in a high-sided dish or Kong toy filled with water. So your dog has to work to get to the Orbeez.

Final Thoughts:

In conclusion, it is best to keep orbeez away from dogs and never give them to them as toys. It is unknown whether orbeez are toxic to canines. 

So it is best to be safe and keep them away from your dog. However, maybe your dog does get a hold of an Orbeez. 

Watch how it acts and call your vet for any signs of toxicity (like vomiting or diarrhea).

FAQ:

Q. Can dogs die from eating Orbeez?

A. This question has no conclusive solution due to limited research.

However, it is generally believed that dogs cannot die from eating Orbeez. But may experience some minor digestive issues.

Q. Are water beads poisonous to dogs?

A. Water beads are not poisonous to dogs but may be a choking hazard.

Leave a Reply